The key objectives I need to progress and get resolved are:
- Usability – the platform must be easy-to-use. The administrator should be easy to manage their learning materials. The newcomer should be easy to keep track of their learning activities, feedback and notes.
- Gather business requirements – since the company did not able to gather business and technical requirements, I served as a role of business analyst to explore those requirements, in conjunction with the user and deliver the requirements to the IT vendor.
The platform involved content management system (CMS) for staff to administer learning materials and learning management system (LMS) for newcomer to keep track of his learning progress.
My solutions involved:
- design a two-part of system which is CMS and LMS,
- CMS part is, the area for administrator to create courses, assign user and view learning reports.
- LMS level is, the area for newcomer to activate courses, track progress and find mentor for help.
- administrator could easily input materials to newcomers,
- The design of this platform should have the flexibility to extend to further development.
Course list page
Course detail page